1. Residential Parking Permits (RPP): SUCCESS!!!
We have won residential parking permits funded by UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital Oakland for our residents!! Many thanks to Heather Klein, City Planner, Councilman Dan Kalb and his staff member Olga Bolotina, and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital Oakland and the many residents who supported our efforts.
Zone A: now eligible for permits
• 52nd to 54th Streets from Martin Luther King Jr. Way (aka MLK) to Market Street
• 55th Street from MLK to Genoa Street
• Genoa Street from Temescal Creek to 55th Street
Zone B: eligible once need is shown
• 55th Street from Genoa Street to Market Street
• 56th Street from MLK Way to Market
• Aileen Street from MLK to Genoa Street
• Genoa Street from 55th to Aileen Streets
2. Our committee is a stakeholder in the Helen MacGregor Plaza Task Force. The Task Force is planning the complete overall of Helen MacGregor Plaza Park at West/52nd Street/and Martin Luther King Jr Way. Our allies include UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital Oakland, neighboring communities and community associations. Our hope is to help secure permanent living for the current residents without homes. The Community Visioning Sessions have been scheduled , please see http://santafecan.org/survey-helen-macgregor-plaza-park/ for dates and times.
3. Success with the Northwest Oakland Community Coalitions plans for funding. For more information, please see http://santafecan.org/northwest-oakland-neighborhood-pilot-plan/.
4. This years Third Annual National Night Out was a huge success and took place along the Genoa Street corridor. We will be uploading pictures shortly.
5. Reducing speeding on Martin Luther King Jr. Way and introducing bicycle lanes.
For more information, please contact our Public Safety Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.